Tuesday, March 6, 2012

All in the Packaging

A few weeks ago, I made some cupcakes for a co-worker to sale at a benefit for her family member. I was trying to find a good way to package them up to keep them looking nice and easy to eat. While surfing around on Pinterest I came across a post by Lisa Storms that had the perfect packaging. I loved everything about it down to the color choices. I made my tags by printing out the words on my computer and then punching them out with a Stampin' Up punch. The cake portion for the cupcakes I made were from a Martha Stewart recipe that I will not make again. While the cupcakes were good...they weren't OMG good if you know what I mean. I found the cupcakes to be too much on the dry side for my liking.The cream cheese frosting is from a Red Velvet cupcake recipe that I modified. It was excellent and will be my staple cream cheese frosting. I read a tip somewhere to use cold cream cheese and I reduced the amount of vanilla because I wanted the cream cheese flavor and not a strong vanilla flavor.

Here is a picture of my cupcake with it's packaging along with the frosting recipe.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
1 stick butter, at room temperature
4 oz or 8 TB spoons of cold cream cheese
2 1/2 cups of powdered sugar, shifted
1 tsp vanilla extract

With a hand mixture, whip the butter and cream cheese together on med-high speed for about 5 min. Scrape the bowl down after about 2.5 min. Reduce the mixer speed to low and slowly incorporate the powdered sugar. Add the vanilla and mix until combined. Increase the speed to medium-high and whip a few more minutes until the frosting is light and fluffy, scraping the bowl as necessary.

This will frost 12 copcakes. The recipe can be doubled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I hope you can enjoy some of these recipes in your own kitchen.